ROBERTSON – the infrastructure, support services and construction group – has won the contract to deliver maintenance for 520 Blackwood homes across northern and central Scotland.
Robertson’s facilities management teams will provide reactive maintenance to Blackwood homes from Aberdeenshire, Moray, Inverness and Invergordon down to Forfar and Dundee.
The three-year contract will give Robertson responsibility for all reactive building services, with the exception of gas maintenance.
Three Robertson facilities management teams, based in Aberdeen, Inverness and Dundee will be on call to respond to maintenance requests from Blackwood tenants, whether plumbing, lighting, heat or related to the fabric of the buildings.
David MacDonald, chief executive officer, of Robertson Facilities Management, commented: “We’ve already begun responding to maintenance requests from Blackwood and we’re proud to have been selected for such a major contract.
“We are committed to providing a consistently reliable, high quality service to Blackwood’s tenants and look forward to working in partnership with them.”
Rab Stevenson, property investment manager for Blackwood, said: “Blackwood will work in partnership with the new contractor, Robertson, and will conduct monthly performance monitoring meetings with them, to ensure that repairs are carried out to the highest standard, on time, with appointments kept and with 80 per cent of repairs carried out in one visit.”
Robertson provides facilities management services to clients across the UK, in schools, hospitals, commercial offices, retail centres and business parks.
Notes to editor
The Robertson businesses include:
• a facilities management company specialising in public and private sector partnerships
• a capital projects company which is a specialist project management and investment company dedicated to providing long term accommodation solutions using a range of industry procurement initiatives including private finance and framework arrangements
• a timber engineering business that creates sustainable building solutions for social housing and multi-occupancy buildings
• four regionally-based construction companies
• a property development company
• the house-builder Robertson Homes
Robertson was established in Elgin, Moray in 1966 by Executive Chairman Bill Robertson.
For more information, visit www.robertson.co.uk
• Founded in 1972, Blackwood has 1,600 properties across 29 local authority areas, making it a major national provider of high-quality home in Scotland.
• Blackwood designs, builds and manages homes in mixed-community developments across the length and breadth of Scotland. These range from general needs housing to properties designed and adapted to suit wheelchair users.
• Visit www.mbha.org.uk for more information.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Pagoda PR. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Sarah McDaid