OVER 3,000 events will take place across the country in honour of the French cuisine through its traditional meals.
If you want to know more, sit down and check the official website, ‘Fete de la gastronomie’, or just have a look at some of this week-end’s menus with the highlights below:
- Burgundy: Unexpected picnics across Burgundy. Some will be garden parties or themed picnics, and others will be… on bikes!
- Nord-Pas-de-Calais: In Lille, take your children to discover French gastronomy with workshops made especially for them.
- Provence: ‘Les Vendanges etoilées’, in Cassis near Marseille from 22 – 30 September, will combine gastronomic tastings with Michelin starred chefs along with music and activities for children.
The festival Gourmediterranee from 22 – 24 September will take you to the heart of the famous ‘Foire de Marseille’. Cooking demonstrations, gastronomic markets and competitions are all on the programme.
- Rhone-Alps: Tastings, exhibitions, markets, special menus and competitions are to take place in the capital of Gastronomy – Lyon.
- Loire Valley: Little Gastronomic train of Bourges. Visit the medieval city in a 20th century Setting while enjoying some tasty specialties.
- Brittany: Gastronomic Festival in Rennes featuring markets, Michelin-starred chef cooking demonstrations and cooking initiations.
If, unfortunately, you can’t go to France to celebrate its gastronomy next weekend, don’t miss the tasty recipes we have posted every day on myfranceamoi.travel for the last weeks and join us with your own suggestions and recipes to create an extraordinary meal.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Atout France. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Jacqueline Mirtelli