A REGION widely known for its strong identity and fiery culture, the spotlight is on this southern part of France for a lively beginning to the warm season…
- ‘The Unpredictables. Norman Foster and contemporary art’ (Nîmes): From 3 May to 15 September, the ‘Carré d’art’ museum will celebrate its 20th anniversary with an exhibition based on the work of Norman Foster, the famous British architect.
- The Great Roman Games (Nîmes): From 4 to 5 May, costumed actors, ‘Little gladiator’ workshops for children and – yes – ‘Great Roman Games’ re-enactments in the Amphitheatre will take visitors back to the era of Julius Caesar.
- Feria in Alès: From 7 to 12 May, during the Ascension feast, the city of Alès will host a variety of entertainment such as the platter throw and the cord draw contests, bull runs in the streets and traditional corridas.
- Sol y Fiesta, Leucate: From 9 to 11 May, the city of Leucate will host the 16th international festival of street arts with a theme focus on the circus universe with illuminated parades and aerial shows during the evenings.
- Défi Wind, Gruissan: From 9 to 12 May, over a 1,000 passionate windsurfers, both amateur and professional, will gather on the same beach for an international competition. Concerts and other entertainment will complete this unique event.
- Feria de Pentecôte, Nîmes: From 15 to 20 May, music in the streets and a joyful atmosphere will change the city: dances in traditional wear, paella, parades, shows and corridas will take place during the six days of festivities.
- 150th birthday of the Sète Nautical Society, Sète: From 15 to 20 May, the Sète Nautical Society with celebrate its 150th birthday with various sailing-themed activities both on the quay and on the water including sea excursions, jousting challenges, guided visit of legendary sailing boats and photo exhibitions.
- Festival Rock’Art & Wine in Château Les Carrasses, Capestang: From 24 to 26 May, the Château Les Carrasses will host the first edition of a rock star photography exhibition with a vineyard for a backdrop. The event will offer the opportunity to meet and interact with the photographer of your choice.
- 27th Trèfle Lozérien AMV, Lozère: From 24 to 26 May, 500 competitors will ride their bike for an endurance test with three long loops in the shape of a clover leaf on the route, starting and ending in Mende.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Atout France. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Tiffany Reed
Phone: 020 7061 6637