PETRASCO, an Aberdeen-based international freight forwarder which specialises in serving the energy industry, has appointed Kevin Buchan as global managing director.
Mr Buchan (42), who is based in the Dubai office, will now have overall responsibility for developing Petrasco’s operations in its offices in Aberdeen, Dubai and Houston and for leading further development on a world wide scale.
He said his plans for the future of the company will be to build on existing business while developing the company’s global presence.
“As a company, we are very focused on our people, our clients and our facilities and it is our proactive personal approach to service which has seen Petrasco grow and make its mark when competing against the global giants,” he said.
“My priority will be to continue to develop business in our current locations while establishing company growth in the other key energy hubs around the world through maintaining our commitment to provide a focussed personal service for every client from a world class facility.”
A native of Aberdeen, Scotland, Mr Buchan joined Petrasco in 2000 and was appointed commercial manager in 2001.
He moved to Dubai in 2003 as commercial director of Petrasco Middle East LLC to establish and build Petrasco’s presence in the Middle East and to oversee design and construction of Petrasco’s purpose-built oilfield logistics facility.
He became managing director of Petrasco Middle East LLC in 2010.
Michael Beveridge, group managing director of The Denholm Group, said: “We are delighted to promote Kevin to this new post to look after Petrasco’s interests worldwide. Kevin and his team have done an excellent job of building up our Dubai operation to make it a significant player in the Middle East.
“The company has now grown to such a size that it needs someone to take on overall responsibility for its strategy and future development and we wish Kevin every success in his wider role in establishing Petrasco as a truly global player.”
Since moving to Dubai Mr Buchan has seen the Dubai arm of the business grow from two members of staff working in a small office to 30 members of staff operating from a 180,000ft/ purpose built oilfield logistics facility based in Jebel Ali Freezone.
NOTES TO EDITOR:
- Founded in 1974 in Aberdeen, Scotland, Petrasco is an international freight forwarder which specialises in serving the energy industry.
- It has bases in Aberdeen, Houston and Dubai. The Houston office opened in 1993 and the Dubai office opened in 2003.
- In addition to air, sea and road freight services, Petrasco offers specialist expertise in consultancy, expediting, export packing, offshore logistics, warehousing and distribution.
- The company currently employs 85 people across the three locations.
- It was bought by the Denholm Group in 1996. The Denholm Group is an international shipping, logistics, seafoods and oilfield services company which was founded in Greenock, Scotland, in 1866 as a Ship Agency. The Denholm Group is still owned by the Denholm family
- The Denholm Group has an annual turnover of £300m, employs more than 3000 people worldwide and has net assets of over £100m.
- As a member of The Denholm Group, Petrasco has access to the facilities of other companies in the group most notably through the UK, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Abu Dhabi
For further information please contact:
Kevin Buchan, MD Petrasco
T: + 971 50 453 8810
General enquiries can be directed to:
On behalf of Granite PR
T: 07850 736528
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Granite PR. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Brett Jackson