TWO firms of solicitors in the Highlands are offering to write Wills for free in support of Eden Court’s Make a Will Month, which runs through February 2014.
Inverness-based Anderson Shaw & Gilbert and Mackenzie & Cormack in Tain have agreed to waive their normal fees for writing or updating a Will, in return for a donation or legacy to Eden Court.
Eden Court is a registered charity and relies on donations to help deliver an extensive programme of theatre, film and creative learning for the Highlands.
Partner of Anderson Shaw & Gilbert, Gregor Barclay, said: “Making a Will is the only way to ensure that your money and assets will be shared according to your wishes after your death.
“Even if you are married, living with a partner, or have children, you should not assume that they will inherit if you die without making a Will.
|By leaving a gift in your Will to Eden Court you can support the arts while reducing the tax burden on your estate. Inheritance tax will be due if your net estate is worth more than £325,000.
|However, if you leave ten per cent of your estate to charity, you can reduce your tax bill by ten per cent.”
Alison Logsdail, Eden Court development manager, said: “We are extremely grateful to the participating solicitors for supporting our Make A Will Month and urge people who do not have a Will or would like to alter an existing document, to make an appointment as part of the campaign.
“Leaving a legacy is a way of helping Eden Court which costs you nothing now and yet will make a real difference in the future.
“Every donation will go towards supporting the arts you love and enriching lives to come.”
To take part in the scheme, all you have to do is contact one of the participating solicitors quoting Eden Court Make a Will Month and arrange an appointment for February 2014.
Anderson Shaw & Gilbert tel. 01463 236123 or email email@example.com
Mackenzie & Cormack tel. 01862 892046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about leaving a legacy to Eden Court can be found at www.eden-court.co.uk or by contacting a member of the development team on 01463 239 841
For further information, interview requests or to arrange picture opportunities, please contact Eden Court marketing department / email@example.com / 01463 239 841
Notes to editors:
- The participating solicitors will ask for a donation to be made to Eden Court in lieu of their normal fee or that a gift be left in the Will. The minimum donation requested would be £150 for an individual or £250 for a couple.
- Eden Court is the only major performance venue in the Highlands and the largest multi-arts venue in Scotland, with two theatres, two cinemas and two education studios.
- Eden Court is one of the busiest theatres in Scotland with the highest per capita attendance of any UK theatre – in 2013 we attracted over 350,000 attendances from a city of 60,000 people and a region with a population of 200,000.
- Eden Court is the only theatre in Scotland to offer Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) courses in Drama and Dance. These are extracurricular courses, which offer pupils from across Highland the opportunity to study at Eden Court for an SQA Higher Dance, Drama or Intermediate 2 exams. Aside from Eden Court, there is only one school in the Highlands where pupils can sit SQA Higher Drama exams.
- Anderson Shaw & Gilbert is a firm of solicitors and estate agents with a reputation for excellent legal service and client care. Established in 1881, it has a wealth of experience which constantly changes to meet clients needs in everything from property and commercial law to family and employment practice. The firm is a long term supporter of Eden Court Theatre and the tremendous range of entertainment, activities and opportunities it provides. With offices in at 20 Church Street, Inverness and in The Village Hall, Ullapool, the firm is close to many of its clients and can be contacted on: 01463 236 12 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Anderson Shaw & Gilbert’s website at www.propertyinverness.com has a wealth of information on the law as well as properties for sale or let.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Eden Court. You too can post media releases (aka press releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email here for more information.