CATERING in Scotland (CIS) Excellence Awards has just announced that Ballathie Country House Hotel is amongst the three named finalists for one the industry’s most prestigious awards.
The CIS Excellence Awards recognise Scotland’s highest achievers in the industry and the Independent Hotel of the Year Award is a particularly sought-after accolade.
CIS Excellence Awards search for a “successful, stand-alone establishment located in Scotland which possesses a 100 per cent commitment to guest satisfaction”.
Amongst other qualities the resulting Independent Hotel of the Year will have demonstrated without doubt that they “recognise the importance of staff and skills development as essential elements of the business”.
Behind this achievement is unquestionably Ballathie’s general manager, Jody Marshall.
Since joining the family-owned hotel 18 months ago, the dynamic manager has initiated numerous programmes and developments to benefit the staff, hotel and ultimately enhance guest satisfaction.
Jody has high ethics with regards to supporting and investing in Ballathie’s team as well as the wider local community and suppliers. No stranger to achieving notable success, two years ago Jody led The Summer Isles Hotel to their Independent Hotel of the Year accolade.
It is understood that Jody is the only general manager to have had two hotels reaching CIS Excellence Awards’ finalist status.
The current question is whether he can achieve two winners when the final awards are announced on Thursday 29 May 2014.
“Being nominated for this award is a huge credit to the whole team here at Ballathie,” explains Jody. “It is a great achievement and honour to have been recognised in this way and everyone is naturally delighted.”
The CIS Excellence Awards has clearly recognised Ballathie’s commitment to a high level of environmental awareness, exceeding customer expectations and being an integral part of the local community, working closely with local suppliers.
Over the past 12 months, Ballathie has exceeded financial expectations and is proud to be a healthy, profitable business despite the current challenging economic climate.
Note to editors:
Ballathie Country House Hotel is located on the banks of The River Tay, north of Perth just outside the village of Kinclaven within easy reach of Scotland’s major cities.
Recent achievements and awards:
1. General manager was invited to be a guest speaker at ScotHot 2013
2. Rising Star Hotelier of the Year 2013
3. People Management of the Year Award 2013
4. Awarded three HIT Scotland scholarships 2014
5. Featured in Relish Second Helpings cook book amongst the best in Scotland 2013
6. Recommended in the Michelin guide 2013/4
7. Michelin Guide – Rising Food Stars 2013/4
8. Recommended in The Top Ten Places to Drink Courvoisier in Scotland 2013
9. Featured in the Good Hotel Guide 2013
10. Silver Status from The Green Business Tourism Awards
11. Introduction of ‘Ballathie Waste Management’ – 89 per cent of the hotel’s waste is now recycled
12. Introduction of a Hydroponic Tunnel for growing the hotel’s micro herbs
13. The Best Scottish Cheeseboard 2013
14. The Best British Cheeseboard 2013
15. Sponsorship of five students from the Baltic Business Solutions School in Lithuania
16. Strong local charity supporter
17. Hosted The 2013 World Jampionships
18. Close connections with Springboard Scotland, hosted 140 local high school students in 2013
PRESS RELEASE issued by Thompson PR. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.