Latest figures for Q1 2014 show Clyde 1 reaching weekly audience of 563,000
CLYDE 1 has started 2014 in the same style it finished 2013, cementing its position as the biggest commercial radio station in Scotland*.
According to the latest figures released by RAJAR, for Q1 2014, Clyde 1 retains its spot as the number one commercial radio station** in Glasgow and the West of Scotland, reaching an audience of 563,000 on a weekly basis.
The station is currently celebrating its 40th year as a broadcaster and only showing signs of going from strength to strength, by continuing to attract the most listeners of any commercial station in the country.
Clyde 1 now enjoys an overall market share of 14.4 per cent, establishing the station as the top commercial performer for both reach and total hours (4.3 million) in the local marketplace.
Graham Bryce, group managing director, Place, Northern England and Scotland, said:
“It is brilliant news that RAJAR figures show Clyde 1 has started 2014, a huge sporting year for Glasgow and Scotland, as the runaway leader in our field. Clyde 1’s hat-trick of nominations for the 2014 Arqiva Awards provide further evidence that our talented team are at the top of their game.
“We thank our hundreds of thousands of listeners for their ongoing support, as well as our huge number of commercial partners and advertisers who know they can count on our local expertise to deliver engaging, interesting and innovative content and campaigns.
“Overall, we’ve seen some phenomenal growth across the portfolio this quarter with Clyde 1 continuing to be one of the jewels in the crown. As a business we are reaping the benefits of balancing our brilliant local content with our portfolio-wide Your Music, Your Life positioning, introducing shows such as ‘Old Skool & Anthems’ and the refreshed ‘In:Demand’ into the line-up.”
Notes to editors:
* Not all stations in Scotland have the same TSA (total survey area)
** Some stations do not cover the whole of the TSA
Source: RAJAR / Ipsos – MORI / RSMB, period ending 30 March 2014. All stations and groups results are reported on their specified reporting period and TSA.
Radio Clyde is part of Bauer Media which is part of the Bauer Publishing Group following acquisition from Emap on 29 January 2008. It is home to a growing network of no.1 commercial radio stations in all major markets in the UK and the no.1 commercial broadcaster in national digital radio. Bauer Publishing Group is the largest privately owned publisher in Europe. Founded in Hamburg in 1875 by Johann Bauer and currently headed by Heinz Bauer, the group is in its fourth generation of family ownership. The group has more than 200 magazines in 14 countries worldwide, as well as TV, radio, Press, printing, mobile and web interests across Europe.
The Bauer Radio total portfolio reaches 16.1 million listeners every week (30 per cent of all adults in the UK), providing great opportunities for any business to successfully advertise their campaign on radio. Our portfolios give marketers the freedom to create customised advertising packages utilising the individual portfolios, or a combination of both, depending on the objectives of the campaign. Brands seeking to engage and appeal to consumers emotionally will find value in the Bauer Passion Portfolio, which appeals on the basis of lifestyle choice. Alternatively, Bauer Place will offer brands the chance to engage personally with loyal, local communities in specific geographical locations.
Key Bauer Radio Stats – RAJAR Results Q1
Bauer Passion Portfolio
- The Absolute Radio Network has added 291,000 listeners year on year and now reaches 3.5 million people every week
- KISS 100 is the most listened to station for 15-24’s, 15-34’s and 15-44’s across London
- KISS UK‘s digital only propositions continue to triumph with KISSTORY attracting nearly 1million listeners each week and KISSFRESH showing an eight per cent increase achieving 418,000 reach in only its second quarter
- Absolute 80’s tops the digital commercial radio charts whilst heat radio has shown rapid growth with a 20 per cent increase in reach, year on year
- Planet Rock added 189,000 listeners year on year to achieve 1.1m
Bauer Place Portfolio
- Magic 105.4 reclaims its number one commercial crown in London with a reach of 1.9 million listeners
- Magic’s celebrity talent Denise Van Outen, Ric Astley and Kim Wilde all take commercial no.1 position for reach during their showtimes
- In Manchester, Key 103 has reported its highest reach (660,000 listeners) for over 10 years
- Radio City reclaims its commercial market leader title with a reach of 447,000Source: RAJAR / Ipsos – MORI / RSMB, period Q1 2014, all stations and groups results are reported on their specified reporting period and TSA.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by The BIG Partnership. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories.
Contact: Laura Fitzpatrick