THE Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery in Crieff has been shortlisted for two titles at this year’s prestigious Scottish Event Awards, which will see it battling out for its place at the top against some of Scotland’s most successful events suppliers.
Attracting nominations for Best Corporate Event and Best In-House event for their hosting and delivery of a recent Royal Visit and civic reception of the Earl and Countess of Strathearn to Crieff, the venue now has a nailbiting wait until early October to find out if they’ve won.
Scotland’s most popular distillery, The Famous Grouse Experience recently completed a £250,000 investment in its key visitor areas and café. The refurbishment programme, which was the first major upgrade to the facilities since 2007, was officially opened at the end of May by William and Kate, whose visit received international media coverage, projecting the distillery’s event facilities across the globe.
Lesley Williamson, business development manager of The Famous Grouse Experience, commented:
“This is exceptionally good news and the team here at the distillery are delighted. We know we have a world-class venue and an exceptional team, but to receive two award shortlistings is especially pleasing. The Royal Visit has catapulted our offering onto a world stage and, as Official Whisky Provider of the forthcoming Commonwealth Games, we’re looking forward to putting that reputation to the test as we gear up to welcome and entertain visitors around the globe in the coming weeks.”
For further information on The Famous Grouse Experience, visit www.thefamousgrouse.com
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
About Glenturret Distillery and The Famous Grouse Experience
- The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
- The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
- Opening Hours 9am – 6pm. Three tours are currently available: The Experience Tour (includes two whisky tastes), The Seasonal Tour (includes five whisky tastes) and the Chocolate Connoisseur Tour (includes a private whisky tasting with matching chocolates). Tours start from £10. Children under 12 go free. The first tour is at 9.30am and last tour at 4.30pm.
- For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouse.com or call 01764 656565
About The Famous Grouse (www.thefamousgrouse.com)
- The Famous Grouse is the No. 1 whisky in UK and No. 4 standard blended whisky worldwide (IWSR data 2012).
- The Famous Grouse has been the best-selling whisky in Scotland since 1980.
- The Famous Grouse is exported to over 100 countries.
- Created in 1896 by founder Matthew Gloag, it was originally called The Grouse Brand.
- The brand became so popular that on August 12th 1905 it was renamed The Famous Grouse.
- MEDIA RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories. Check out too twitter.com/allTravelPR. Check out too twitter.com/allDrinkPR.