THE Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery is inviting Scottish suppliers to showcase their products at a Supplier Casting Day to secure a spot in the five-star visitor attraction’s gift shop in an initiative to further broaden the shop’s range of artisan products available.
Welcoming almost 90,000 visitors through its doors annually, Scotland’s oldest-working distillery is looking for exciting, unique and quality Scottish products to showcase in its luxury gift shop – from whisky-related products through to confectionary, food and gifts that reflect Scotland’s heritage.
Taking place on Wednesday 13th May from 10am to 4pm, suppliers can book a 15-minute pitch to promote their quality products to the members of distillery’s operations team. There are a limited number of available and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Stuart Cassells, general manager at The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery, is looking forward to engaging with suppliers both locally and throughout Scotland for the Supplier Casting Day.
Stuart commented: “Our gift shop offers an array of artisan products, all sourced from Scottish suppliers and we are very excited to expand our offering to deliver even more to our many visitors who venture to rural Perthshire to enjoy our distillery experiences.
“We would like to encourage local suppliers from Crieff, Perthshire and across Scotland to take the opportunity to showcase their products at the Supplier Casting Day and tell us how their products would connect with our visitors.”
This initiative follows an exciting time for the Crieff-based distillery. Establishing its position as one of the world’s top whisky visitor attractions, The Famous Grouse Experience was recently voted UK Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year by Whisky Magazine and finished in the top three at the Global Icons of Whisky Awards for Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year.
Adding another exciting dimension to the visitor attraction’s offering is the opening of Wilde Thyme at Glenturret, a collaboration between the distillery and globally-renowned chef, Andrew Hamer, former executive chef at Gleneagles Hotel. The new café and restaurant offers visitors a world-class culinary experience using the very best of Perthshire’s larder and recently opened for evening meals – a first for the visitor attraction.
To attend the Suppler Casting Day and book a 15-minute pitch, please contact Laura Dougan on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01764 656565
To find out more about The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery visit www.thefamousgrouseexperience.com
Notes to Editors
About Glenturret Distillery and The Famous Grouse Experience
• The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
• The distillery was fully refurbished in 2014 and was recently awarded UK Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year by Whisky Magazine and finished in the top three at the Global Icons of Whisky Awards for Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year.
• It has recently announced the opening of a new café and restaurant on site, Wilde Thyme at Glenturret, a partnership with award winning Comrie-based luxury caterers, Wilde Thyme, offering the very best in locally sourced Scottish produce and dishes that give diners an authentic and delicious taste of Perthshire.
• The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
• Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm)
• Visitor and café restaurant Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm) The restaurant will be opening in the evenings in the Spring.
• For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouseexperience.com or call 01764 656565
• Distillery Experience: (one hour) Runs hourly. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, and a taste of two fine whiskies. £10 adult, £9 concession (seniors/students/under 18s).
• Tasting Experience: (one hour) Runs hourly. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a taste of five fine whiskies and a souvenir nosing glass to keep. £20 Famous Tasting, £30 Finest Tasting, Over 18s only.
• Warehouse Experience: (1½ hours) Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a taste of four fine whiskies and a magical peek at hundreds of sleeping casks in our very special warehouse. £40, Over 18s only, Pre-booking recommended.
• Blending Experience: (two hours) Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a tasting of four fine whiskies inside our exclusive bonded warehouse and a unique opportunity to master the art of blending your own whisky, complete with complimentary 100ml bottle and certificate. £60, Over 18s only, Pre-booking recommended.
• Stillman Experience: (10-4pm) Available Tue, Wed, Thu. Includes one exceptional experience with unrivalled access to the unique world of whisky production. Spend the day side by side with our Stillman and our Drammolier™, learn the art of blending, and toast one fine day with a dram from your complimentary bottle of The Glenturret Highland Single Malt. £250, Over 18s only, Pre-booking essential.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Volpa contact details…