MY Top Ten invites media practitioners to identify their top ten websites, apps, software tools and gadgets, etc, and here it is the turn of press agency reporter, Oliver Farrimond.
Oliver is with Deadline Press and Picture Agency, in Edinburgh.
1. BBC Scotland (Edinburgh/East/Fife) – website – What’s happening on the home turf.
2. Gizmodo – website – The most thorough, inventive of the Gawker crowd.
3. The New Yorker – magazine website – A great showcase to long-form essay journalism.
4. Scottish Law Reporter – blog – Quiet in recent weeks, but essential and edifying.
5. Tom Harris MP – blog – Charming and honest blog that doesn’t take itself to too seriously.
6. Politics Home Index – website – Takes itself very seriously indeed. A nourishing fruitbowl for politics junkies.
7. Wikileaks – website – Reportedly has only a month’s worth of operating budget left. Real shame.
8. Daily Beast – website – A brilliant news site, with plenty of original and aggregated content.
9. Guido Fawkes – website – Destructive but very entertaining.
10. Press Gazette – website – Reliable portal for industry news.