THE magazine, The People’s Friend, published by Dundee-based DC Thomson, has ranked number 26 among UK consumer magazine sales, according to auditing body, the Audit Bureau of Circulation.
Says ABC, when it comes to actively-purchased sales, The People’s Friend was just behind 25th-ranked Star magazine and just ahead of 27th-ranked Woman’s Own. When it came to circulations, including of free magazines, The People’s Friend was ranked at 32 – behind The Irish Garden at no.31 and ahead of Stylist, at no.33.
To the end of June this year, the magazine had a net average circulation of 243,137, up 1.3 per cent on six months previously, but down 2.7 per cent on the same time last year.
The latest consumer magazine ABCs barely features any Scots titles.
Other figures include:
* DC Thomson-published My Weekly – net average circulation June 2013: 112,392 (down one per cent on six months previously and down 7.3 per cent on the same time last year);
* DC Thomson-published Weekly News – net average circulation June 2013: 30,204 (down 7.5 per cent on six months previously and down 14.9 per cent on the same time last year);
* The top-ten actively-purchased consumer magazines in the UK (as at the end of June this year) were as follows (figures in brackets the number of copies actually sold as opposed to sold and given away):
1. TV Choice (1,282,276)
2. What’s On TV (1,081,176)
3. Radio Times (805,042)
4. Take a Break (713,778)
5. Saga Magazine (550,806)
6. Slimming World Magazine (436,657)
7. New! (383,018)
8. Good Housekeeping (376,597)
9. Glamour (366,490)
10. Closer (345,078).
Source: Audit Bureau of Circulation, Consumer Magazines Report, August 15 2013.