BALLATHIE Country House Hotel has just been awarded one of the Scottish Hospitality Industry’s most coveted accolades; Independent Hotel of the Year 2014 at the Catering in Scotland (CIS) Excellence Awards.
At a glittering awards ceremony last night general manager Jody Marshall was delighted to be called up to the stage to collect this prestigious award on behalf of Ballathie House Hotel.
Says a spokesperson: “The CIS Excellence Awards has become established as one of the most important and well-respected business awards programmes in Scotland recognising and rewarding true excellence.
“Judged by some of the most prominent chief executives, chairs, hoteliers and chefs in the industry those nominated or being entered are up against the stiffest of competition.”
The CIS Excellence Awards’ judging panel found Ballathie House Hotel to be a ‘successful, stand-alone establishment located in Scotland which possesses a 100 per cent commitment to guest satisfaction’.
Amongst other qualities they looked for a hotel which demonstrated without doubt that they ‘recognise the importance of staff and skills development as essential elements of the business’.
Behind this achievement is unquestionably Ballathie’s general manager, Jody Marshall.
Since joining the family owned hotel eighteen months ago, the dynamic manager has initiated numerous programmes and developments to benefit the staff, hotel and ultimately enhance guest satisfaction.
It is the second time Jody has collected this award; two years ago Jody led The Summer Isles Hotel to the same achievement.
It is understood that Jody is the only hotel general manager to have led two establishments to achieve this great success.
“Being named Independent Hotel of the Year is a huge credit to my management team and all the staff who work tirelessly looking after our loyal customers,” says Jody Marshall.
“It is a great achievement and an honour to be holding this award on behalf of the team at Ballathie.”
The CIS Excellence Awards has clearly recognised Ballathie’s commitment to a high level of environmental awareness, exceeding customer expectations and being an integral part of the local community, working closely with local suppliers.
- ends -
Note to editor
Ballathie Country House Hotel is located on the banks of The River Tay, north of Perth just outside the village of Kinclaven within easy reach of Scotland’s major cities.
Recent achievements and awards
1. Recommended in the Michelin guide 2013/4
2. Michelin Guide – Rising Food Stars 2013/4
3. Shortlisted for CIS Independent Hotel of the Year 2014
4. Scottish Hotel Awards 2014
i. Scottish Hotel Manager of the Year – Jody Marshall
ii. Gold Medal – Scott Scorer, Head Chef – third consecutive year
iii. Business Management Gold Medal – Gail Schofield, deputy manager
iv. Gold medal – housekeeper Debbie Cowie
v. Silver Medal – John Peter Fergusson, chef
5. Awarded 3 HIT Scotland scholarships 2014
6. General Manager invited to be a guest speaker at ScotHot 2013
7. Rising Star Hotelier of the Year 2013
8. People Management of the Year Award 2013
9. Featured in Relish Second Helpings cook book amongst the best in Scotland 2013
10. Recommended in The Top Ten Places to Drink Courvoisier in Scotland 2013
11. Featured in the Good Hotel Guide 2013
12. Silver Status from The Green Business Tourism Awards
13. Introduction of ‘Ballathie Waste Management ‘- 89 per cent of the hotel’s waste is now recycled
14. Introduction of a Hydroponic Tunnel for growing the hotel’s micro herbs
15. The Best Scottish Cheeseboard 2013
16. The Best British Cheeseboard 2013
17. Sponsorship of five students from the Baltic Business Solutions School in Lithuania
18. Strong local charity supporter
19. Hosted The 2013 World Jampionships
20. Close connections with Springboard Scotland, hosted 140 local high school students in 2013
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Thompson PR. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.