THE FAMOUS Grouse Experience has opened its doors this week to a delicious new food offering at Glenturret, Scotland’s oldest working distillery, in partnership with award-winning luxury food and event caterers, Wilde Thyme.
The new café and restaurant, called Wilde Thyme at Glenturret, will be headed up by former executive chef at Gleneagles Hotel Andrew Hamer and is expected to bring a tasty new dimension to the five-star visitor attraction in Crieff which was recently awarded Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year.
This new venture marks an exciting partnership between the two companies, enabling Glenturret to offer a world class food experience to its tens of thousands of visitors from across the world to match the unique range of distillery tours. Comrie based Wilde Thyme will also be providing corporate and private event catering at Scotland’s popular whisky visitor attraction.
At the helm is Wilde Thyme’s chef patron, Andrew Hamer, who is working closely with the team at Glenturret to offer a culinary experience that will give visitors an authentic taste of Scotland with, perhaps, a helpful dash of one of Scotland’s rarest malts.
The distillery team is confident that visitors, both coming to enjoy the visitor attraction and those who have come purely to savour the world-class food offering, will enjoy a taste experience to remember after enjoying the culinary delights available.
Stuart Cassells, general manager at The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery, said:
“At Glenturret Distillery, our primary goal is always to give our visitors an exemplary five-star experience from start to finish, so our new collaboration with a team as talented and well respected as Wilde Thyme is an excellent fit for us. We are looking forward to welcoming distillery visitors and local customers looking for a delicious and unforgettable dining experience.”
Andrew Hamer, chef patron of Wilde Thyme commented:
“After a lot of hard work from both the team at Wilde Thyme and everyone at The Famous Grouse Experience, it is a great feeling to be officially opening Wilde Thyme at Glenturret and embarking on this new food adventure surrounded by some of the finest food and drink in the world. We source our ingredients, wherever possible, locally from the very best of suppliers, and we aim to ensure that every dish we serve gives our diners the authentic, and really rather delicious, taste of Perthshire.”
To find out more about The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery visit www.thefamousgrouseexperience.com
For further information about Wilde Thyme’s culinary delights, visit www.wilde-thyme.co.uk
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
About Glenturret Distillery and The Famous Grouse Experience
- The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
- The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
- Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm)
- Visitor and café restaurant Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm) The restaurant will be opening in the evenings in the Spring.
- For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouseexperience.com or call 01764 656565
About Wilde Thyme Catering and Party Design
- Established in 2003 as luxury caterer, Wilde Thyme is now one of Scotland’s leading catering and party design companies and is based at Cultybraggan near Comrie, Perthshire.
- Managing Director, Andrew Hamer is a former executive chef at Gleneagles where he developed his skills in international cuisine, and a member of the ‘Academy of Culinary Arts’.
- Wilde Thyme is a regular caterer and event company in prestigious venues such as National Galleries of Scotland, Inveraray Castle and Carlowrie Castle, Isle of Bute and is the exclusive caterer at Glamis Castle.
- Andrew has positioned the company to live by its ethos of ‘Delivering the exceptional restaurant experience to an event environment’.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Volpa contact details….