MY Top Ten invites media practitioners to identify their top ten websites, apps, software tools and gadgets, etc, and here it is the turn of Suzanne Clark, a senior account manager with PR and communications consultancy, Smarts.
Suzanne works on a range of accounts across a number of sectors but with a specialism in corporate communications.
1. Gorkana media database – website – An invaluable tool for any PR consultant! This website is open and on my screen all day every day.
2. Mashable – website – A great website to get a snapshot of social media and wider news.
3. Pinterest – social media/website – I have been going Pinterest crazy recently. It is great for ideas for work and play.
4. Twitter and Hootsuite – both social media – Twitter is an obvious one but it is still great for communicating information, finding out breaking news and also for some gossip. Hootsuite is a brilliant free tool that allows me to track Twitter mentions on behalf of clients.
5. Douglas Fraser – blog – A very interesting and well-written blog covering news and insight on business, energy and the economy. A great way to find out the hot topics on the Scottish business scene.
6. ComPropScotland – website – As I work with a few commercial property related clients this is a good website to find out what’s going on in the market.
7. ft.com – website – It is important for me to keep up to speed with financial news and ft.com is a great website for this. I also get daily emails with links to the top stories in different sectors too.
8. LinkedIn – social media – LinkedIn is an excellent way to get and stay in touch with business contacts and is useful for engaging in debate on behalf of clients.
9. Two Fat Laddies – blog – A funny blog charting the weight loss of two lovely chaps from STV: Shaun Milne and Iain Pope.
10. Instagram – website/social media – I love using Instagram to transform the look of my photos and also to share them with family and friends.