SEVERAL training sessions have been scheduled for the coming weeks by the Scottish division of the National Union of Journalists – including training on effective freelancing.
All the courses are taking place in Glasgow, with the possible exception of one, where the location has still to be confirmed.
Places cost £100 for NUJ members and £160 for non-members. Full course outlines can be obtained via the website, www.nujtrainingscotland.com, and anyone interested in securing a place should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Feature writing and pitching – September 24;
* Law for Journalists, post-Leveson and McCluskey – September 28;
* PR – October 4;
* Social Media advanced applications – October 9;
* The effective freelance – October 12;
* Interviewing and editing for radio and the web – October 17;
* Travel writing – October 25;
* Blogging in modern journalism – October 29;
* Scriptwriting – November 2;
* Photoshop introduction – venue tbc – November 4;
* Filming and editing for iDevices – November 8;
* The entrepreneurial freelance – November 16;
* Feature writing and pitching – November 19;
* Media awareness – November 22; and
* Law for Journalists, post-Leveson and McCluskey – November 30.